Sunday, May 01, 2005

I went to school yesterday at 9:00 feeling pretty messed up. Not very many parents were there nor teachers. It was supposed to be a Saturday BBQ. The students' parents are supposed to help out at school as a condition of the acceptance of the student into the school. Unfortunately, not very many parents show up. It's kind of sad really, when the parents don't support their children in their education. It send a negative message to the kids. I remember very distinctly my dad not coming to events for me. It always bummed me out but at some point I just said fuck it. Then when he wanted to come to something later (when I got older and older) I was like "Don't bother." So while I was there I just spent a lot of time grading papers and stuff. It was good cause I got a lot of work done that I probably wouldn't have it I had just sat around at home.

Then after it I went to my friend Rachel's wedding. I was tired and didn't really want to go to the wedding but I had so much fun once I was there. My friend Rachel is Persian and she was marrying this guy Jason who is Jewish. The wedding was a mixture of a Persian-Jewish wedding. It was held at Ralston Hall Mansion at the Notre Dame Catholic School in Belmont. The place was beautiful. They must have shelled out a whole lot of money for everything.

Open bar... people were getting trashed. Myself included. But especially the new man of my friend Sara. This guy had to be twice her age or what and he was frickin crazy. I mean you get this guy on the dance floor and he went off. Doing his crazy hands above the head chimpanzee dance. The guy kept coming up to me and almost grinding on me. I was like what the fuck??? At one point when I was dancing with Allison the guy comes up and grabs my hip and starts butt bashing into me on the side. I was like peace... chill...hold up. Let's just say this guy drew attention. Allison said at one point when she was sitting down he told her to come out and dance and he spit all over the side of her face as he was asking. What a fool. People were laughing at him... especially the table of older Persian ladies that I was sitting near.

Allison and I were remarking last night on the number of beautiful Persian ladies there. Many had a very aristocratic look to them. I was of course thinking in my mind... these are expensive ladies. I don't have enough money to hang out with these ladies. Or I'm sure they could be a sugar momma to someone. But it was cool. Allison and I got up and danced a lot to all the hottest Persian hits sweeping Iran! LOL.

But the ceremony... they had this carpet laid down with all these offering to the bride and groom and when Rachel came out there was a lot of Persian ululating. I didn't see her at first but the ululating was a signal to me... I'm good at picking up on things like that. You know when there's a lot of ululating something good or bad is going to happen. Then the ceremony consisted of ladies holding a special blanket over the bride and groom's head while other ladies used these two milk bottle looking things to disperse sugar over the blanket and consequently the bride and groom's head. Oh yeah... there was also an Uncle Jim on Jason's side who spoke first at the ceremony and a Muslim sheik who read from the Quran and read some poetry. The ceremony was great.

The buffet was great. I got a huge plate of food and lots of libations. Then we just danced for the rest of the night. I always have fun dancing with Allison. We can really groove well together me and her. At the end of the night one of the Persian ladies comes up to me and said, "You were the best dancer here tonight." and she said to Allison that she was the second best dancer. That made me feel good. Allison said that she said that to her just cause she was standing there. I don't think so though cause she's a really good dancer. I had no idea how to dance to Persian music but whatever. I mimicked the hand gestures they were doing and added my own stuff. I had done Pentjak Silat when I was younger and many of their moves reminded me of that so I did some of that.

No comments: