Sunday, May 15, 2005

Raftin

I went river rafting today on the American River in Sacramento. We drove up late and just got to the place before they stopped renting. My friends lag, but so do I. CP time... but Steven's German so he's got no excuse.

Anyways, it was essentially a booze raft. We just drank the whole time. There were baby rapids but nothing serious. But it was hilarious during the baby rapid part cause Allison went flying up into the air and landed in the middle of the boat. Then Tonya went flying up in the air. In our boat was Stevie, Tonya, Patrick, Allison and me. Nelly also came with a bunch of her friends and they went in another boat.

But one really funny part was when we all decided to go into the water. Allison went in first. The water was freezing. She got back into the raft and tried to push stevie in but couldn't. He then just jumped in. Then I jumped in. Water was so damn cold. I jumped back into the boat very quickly. Then patrick decided that he wanted to go in. He was wearing shorts over his swim trunks and so he started to take them off. When he got his shorts to about his ankle, I pushed him in. I couldn't resist. It was fucking hilarious. Then Allison jumps in to rescue his shorts. She gets the shorts and throws them back into the boat hitting tonya in the face with it. Then Patrick is trying to get in but he is laughing so hard and the water is so cold that he can't get his muscles to work. Stevie and I are laughing so hard trying to pull him in that we can't find the strength to pull him up. Then we pull him in and we think he's in and he slides back into the water. We start laughing again and try to pull him back in. Finally we get him in and my sides are hurting cause I am laughing so hard.

I love a good laugh. Nothing makes you feel better. It cost about $15 to ride the river and it took 2 hours to ride it. We drank the whole time and were loaded when we finally got back on land. It was cool cause it wasn't strenuous. It was totally relaxing and fun. It wasn't something I normally do. The end of the rafting is at this park and we said next time we go we would have to bring food to cook at the end. Oh yeah it was hilarious cause when we first started the trip everyone was like this is cool. And then Allison and Tonya were saying how we should go whitewater rafting. I was thinking real ambitious after we just got on this dinky slow moving river. Our no stress booze cruise and they are thinking whitewater rapids. I don't think that we would have been able to drink and keep our beers if we were doing real river rafting. But it was fun anyways and we will totally do it again

1 comment:

FreedomGirl said...

Thanks for the flash back! I am a transplant in Seattle, from Sacramento(15 years, now)....we used to raft almost every weekend in the summertime...my favorite part was beer. ;)