Monday, May 23, 2005

Star Wars

I went to see Star Wars tonight. I couldn't take it anymore. Everyone at work had seen it. So Allison and I went at 7:30. The theater wasn't jampacked. There were people but not jampacked. We actually got great seats right in the middle walkway area with no seats to the left of me. There is a hierarchy of seating and I am very happy with what I had.

I loved Revenge of the Sith. IMO Lucas hasn't made a good Star Wars movie since "The Empire Strikes Back". This almost made up for how bad Episode I and II were. Allison even said that this was her favorite of all time. Now considering her... that's saying a lot. At the end as people were walking out some girl was complaining about how long the movie was. Stupid man taking an obvious date that isn't into Star Wars to the movie. I don't need people raining on my happy dorkdom. I love Star Wars. I read the books. My buddy Sauce let me borrow Revenge of the Sith.

The bad part was of course any scene between Padme and Anakin. I was reading this and thinking... Anakin meaning without kin. No family. He was made by the midichlorians. Maybe I'm totally off base with this one, but who knows. Lucas is known for doing crap like that. Vader's helmet is off of "Judgement Day" in the Sistine chapel. Anakin being the messiah figure. The One. Anyways back to the terrible scenes between Padme and Anakin. No chemistry. What is wrong when you can't have chemistry with Natalie Portman.

But visually the movie was stunning. Majestic. A virtual buffet of sci fi imagery. Lord of the Rings quality but Sci fi.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"hold me like you did on Naboo...."