Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Rambling

I have to admit it. This teaching thing is kicking my ass. I mean there is a lot of responsibility. I have to try and provide a quality education to students. Really teach them something worth knowing. Then I got 3 different classes to plan for. My principal said that's the way they do it there. Throw you in and you sink or swim.

I'm pissing off a lot of students with my liberal contract subtraction style. They are pissing me off with their lackadaisical, apathetic, and enervating attitudes. So then we're even. I mean if I don't have hours over them what do I have? We all need accountability. Just not in the governator way. Or the GWB way.

What's wrong with my country? I love my country but a lot of times I really don't like it. I can't believe this frat boy was elected president. 51% of voting Americans I am not down with at all. I mean I got a lot of problems with the Democrats, but the Republicans don't stand for anything I believe in. The family values card. Oh it's got family and values together in one statement. I believe in both those things.

I like how the word card has now become used to delegitimitize any term it is attached to. As in they are pulling the race card. As if it was somehow unfair to bring in any racial analysis. While I don't like the people I'm against, I respect them. They are good at what they do. It works. Right wing spin is far superior to supposed left wing spin. By supposed left wing I mean the Democrats. Any other industrialized country in the world and the Democrats would be the right wing. It's ridiculous that the Democrats are seen as the legitimate vehicle for the "left wing."

The more and more I learn about British history the more and more I see it being mimicked by the US. The US is a continuation of British history in many ways. The US is entering its post industrial phase. But the brits were smarter cause they did that whole educate the populace thing. The plutocrats are eviscerating public education and help to the indigent.

No comments: