Thursday, May 05, 2005

Ramblings

If there's one thing I hate about teaching... it's grading. It sucks. There is nothing good or fun about it, especially when a student doesn't do well. I've got to turn in grades by Tuesday. I've got the last week of Teaching Cred school next week and I've got to turn in some work to my teacher. I'm stressed. I'm going to be grading and writing papers all weekend long. I didn't realize that giving the students that Friday to do their missing assignments would really bite me in the ass. During the day on Saturday I'm going to taste cakes for the wedding and at night I'm going to take Allison to see a play. Then on Sunday I'm dancing samba in preparation for Carnaval.

With the nearing of Carnaval there is a vain side coming out of me. For the most of my life I've been in pretty good shape. When I met Allison I was in slamming Capoeira shape. Then I stopped doing Capoeira and I started getting sedentary. Now I've got somewhat of a Buddha belly. And not Shakyamuni. I'm talking about Maitreya. Big fat laughing Buddha belly. What's really strange is that this change in my body has also been accompanied by a shrinking of my clothing. My shirts and pants are shrinking and strangely enough even my belt. Must be something in the air. Anyways... I'm going to be wearing gold sequin pants and a gold sequin vest! FUCK! I'm going to be dancing in front of a whole lot of people! Ok... I've just written myself into being nervous. Great!!! I've got to learn the choreography better.

One more thing to worry about. Great... now I've got anxiety about my anxiety.

1 comment:

Dayrell said...

Hi Dave. I remember you visting my blog some weeks back when posting about the Strange Love TV show. I finally had time to come check you out. Nice spot you have here! :))