Friday, April 29, 2005

Ramblings

I have to go into work tomorrow. From 9-1. I know that it's part of the job. I just don't want to wake up. All I want nowadays is sleep. But when I get a chance on Friday I can't do it. My mind is pysched into Friday mode. It's Friday you can't sleep. The Finals are on. I'm starting to like basketball more and more. My two favorite sports are American football and boxing.

The Raiders drafted Fabian Washington and Stanford Rouatt with their first two picks. Fast fast fast cornerbacks. The enforcement of the no contact downfield rule is making speed more and more important. Philip Buchanon was traded and Woodson wants out of Oakland. Woodson is expensive as the franchise player and he doesn't want to be on the team... We gotta trade him and get something good. I want a premier linebacker, though at Charles's age, defensive style, and cost I wonder what we could get.

The Raiders need a better linebacking corps. After choosing QB Andrew Walter the Raiders took Oakland Native and ILB Kirk Morrison. Welcome back to Oakland Kirk! Please wreak havoc on offenses, especially running backs.

Then the Raiders chose DT Anttaj Hawthorne, DE Ryan Riddle, and OT Pete McMahon. Apparently Anttaj fell a lot in the draft rankings cause he likes to smoke weed. Some had tagged him as a first round pick, but the herbage made his stock drop. Welcome to the Raiders Anttaj! Please don't do a Darrell Russell.

I wonder who's going to be playing the FS position. This is another position on defense that the Raiders are weak in. It remains to be seen how Rob Ryan does on defense. The guy comes from a good football lineage, but last year was bad. Raiders couldn't stop tissue paper. The mantra was less pressure on the quarterback please and don't tackle the running back.

Defense is hard though. I love watching a great defensive team. I wish the Raiders just had the ability to shut down the other team's offense, but they can't. However, now they've got a ridiculously high powered offense which should take a bunch of pressure off our defense. My worry with the offense is we'll score too fast and the defense will get tired. Well that and Kerry Collins fumbling, throwing an interception, or whatnot.

I mean the Raiders got Randy Moss!!! Everyone in the AFC West went scrambling for cornerbacks. He's a man that demands defensive coaches' attention. So sweet and beautiful. God Bless the Vertical Offense.

No comments: