Saturday, May 28, 2005

Carnaval

It's tomorrow. I know it's coming. I know the choreography well enough. I do a run through everyday. I haven't been working out to get all fit and trim. I got my 29 year old more sedentary maitreya buddha belly. Whatever... I'm gonna have fun dancing and I don't really care how my body looks. I got a girl. I can go to slop if I want cause she's gonna be stuck with me. Isn't that a healthy attitude?

My greatest fear? Popping wood in my outfit. Scantily clad women everywhere. I've got eyes. I may be getting married but I'm not dead. I'm 29 and have far more control over my body than when I was in my teens. But every so often...nature will sneak up on me and I become engaged in the greater jihad (the struggle against our passionate souls).

Rumi says that Jesus on the lean donkey is the emblem of how the rational intellect should control our animal souls. Let your spirit be strong like Jesus or the worn out donkey grows into a dragon (horders of virgins and treasure, western dragons at least). There is something primal and basic about dance that I love though. The movement to rhythm. The pure joy of dancing and not knowing where the music will take you, only knowing that your body will respond. The samurai call it mushin. When your body just moves to the right places. I know the movement but I haven't practiced it enough with the music. It is choreographed and I'm not used to that. I have to find the music.

Allison has been making her outfit for the past few days and cussing like a sailor the whole time. There's just so much sewing and glueing and shit. I'm glad my outfit will be easy. She had to glue all these feathers to a backpack and sew hanging beads off her belt. I just glued a sequin piece onto another sequin piece. I have to sew up my belt but allison offered to do it for me later.

A lot of people said they would try to come out just so they could get a picture of me in my gold sequin pants and matching vest.YEAH BABY!!! Whoever has the best picture of me I'll post up. The best picture of me in gold sequin pants and matching vest, how paradoxical. Anyways, it's going to be fun out. I just hope the weather is ok.

Last night I spraypainted my running shoes gold. I wasn't going to go buy no gold shoes. Pay money to own a pair of gold shoes. Hell no. I just bought spraypaint and will get a new pair of running shoes. Plus I couldn't go into somewhere and buy gold shoes. I'm not Prince.

No comments: