Sunday, June 12, 2005

Rambling

I tried to get to a co-worker's drag show on Saturday. Tickets were sold out. The place was packed. Standing room. It bummed me out cause I never saw one before. She was in a group that did boy band tunes. I hate boy bands, but I wanted to see her. Since we missed out we just went to a bar and had a drink and danced a little. I lag. I should have gotten there earlier. It's gay pride month so there's a lot of stuff going on in the city and stuff.

It's funny when a movie does this to you, but the movie Kinsey changed the way that I view sexuality. Much of what we consider to be normal is only a small portion of the diversity in human sexuality. I think that's the important thing to remember is that there is an incredible diversity in the human creature. People are capable of all kinds of things. My coworker told me about the bizarre (to me) world of polyamory. Having more than one intimate loving relationship at a time with all partners aware and consenting. This would be too much stress for me. It reminds me of one of my favorite jokes, "What is the punishment in the state of California for having two wives?" Answer: You got two wives.

Anyway the incredible world of fetishes, S&M, bondage, all that shit is crazy. It's crazy what will get someone off. I mean scat??? That shit (no pun intended) is crazy crazy. That is into a world of diversity that I'm really not down with. I mean everyone can have their own thing.. but that it is too much for me.

No comments: