Saturday, June 11, 2005

Rambling

My friend Jeremy and I want to make our school open source and get the corporate pimps (read Microsoft) out of our schools. Then I was reading some news and got some inspiration from Brazil...that seems to happens a lot.

I mean right now I'm using Mozilla firefox and I love it. It's a waaaay better browser than internet explorer and you can get all these cool add-ons and themes. I've decided that I want to learn more about computers. I love the idea of open source. It's so... organic. It grows and changes in response to the environment. Instead of a few microsoft corporate lackeys viewing the source code you got millions of computer geeks worldwide. Best of all is the price... Free ninety nine!

When this teacher credentialing crap is all over I'm gonna take some computer classes. I have to learn more about this anarchist open source stuff. I would like to make my own future computers Linux based.

Allison and I have been fighting over wedding stuff. It started over me not putting the stamps on the envelopes right. Here I was putting stamps on the envelopes when I find out to my dismay that I'm not putting them on correctly. They were too far away from the upper right hand corner and slightly crooked. My thinking was it's an envelope. People are going to get it and then open it and then throw it away. I didn't think that my stamp placement was so bad that it destroyed the look of the envelope. Who's looking at the envelope??? What if I put the stamp... upside down. But it seemed to really matter to Allison and so we got into a fight over it. My thinking is you tell me to put stamps on envelopes and so let me do it. It's a stamp on an envelope.

We get into fights over the wedding. I want to marry Allison don't get me wrong. it's the wedding that's not my thing. Not that I'm not going to have a great time and all that. It's just the wedding is so elaborate and more her thing. I'm doing it cause that is what makes her happy and I want to make her happy cause I love her. But this is not my thing. She wants me to be as excited about it as she is and I just can't. If I said I was I'd be lying and faking it. Marriage and weddings are two different things. They intersect but they are different things. Most women have been socialized to see it as one and the same. I want to get married and I'm going to have a wedding. A fun wedding with a lot of dancing, but still not my thing.

No comments: