Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Praxis Of Pedagogy Day 39

Another day of presentations...in my first period class one student was supposed to give a presentation. But when I saw her at the bus stop just before school I knew she wasn't going to come. Then...surprise surprise she wasn't in class. So I let them work on their projects cause people were still scrambling. Last second work... love it.

In my US history class, one of my best and favorite students wasn't prepared. This was surprising and shocking to me. Then another student wasn't prepared so only two students went today. I'm going easier on students that go in the first part of the week cause it is a whole lot harder.

In my multicultural class only two students went today. One student got mad at me yesterday cause I expressed frustration with her lazy ass ways. The girl is very intelligent but she doesn't want to do anything. Anyone out there noticing a theme among the students.

Next year I will have to spend time on lesson plans that teach students how to present information. My principal asked me to be the new test preparation person. She told me to talk to the teacher that was leaving and find out about it. While I want to do stuff for the school, I just think I might be too overloaded. Next year is going to be my first full year of teaching and it's going to be crazy. I mean I'm stressing now, I can't imagine adding on another job to what I got now. I think that I'm going to turn her down. I think it's pretty good that i'm working on the computer lab and getting the computer situation set up.

No comments: