Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Late Night

When school is over I am going to crash so hard. I think I'll sleep for 2 days or so. That would be nice. Just sleep... because as it is right now I'm not getting much. Reading half-assed bad papers. Getting asked ridiculous questions.

I'm gonna turn down the testing job. I'm going to have a full plate with just having a homeroom group of kids that I got to watch over as well as it being my first full year teaching. The only project that I really want to sink my teeth into is getting computers into the school and open source software on the computers. I just talked to a part time teacher and he was saying that he has computer experience (6 years corporate) and he'd be willing to put in extra time helping out with the computer stuff. With my buddy Jeremy and Christian and me working on the computers we just might bring the school into at least 1999.

Jeremy was talking about tooling with computers so we can dual boot them. That way if we want them booting up on microsoft we can and linux if we want. I'm excited to learn more about open source software cause I love firefox already. I love the fact that I'm moving away from Bill Gates Inc. I love the antihierarchical anarchist communal tone of open source software.

Bobbin go to this site and download firefox and start to free yourself from the corporate pimp. You'll like it I promise. There are alternatives to microsoft... they just don't have as good marketing as microsoft. Take the red pill, Bobbin!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a personal request, I am touched...many friends from Atlanta have been using linux and open source for a while, and have been preaching the gospel....but microsoft is alright with me...i don't mind paying for simple to use programs...also Uncle Bill(Billu Buyiah-brother Bill known in India) is a great employer and giver to my folks....he will probably donate more money for science education and health care than i will ever see in 10 lifetimes....but i admire your desire to expand your education towards a more democratic tech savvy life!!!