Wednesday, June 08, 2005

The praxis of pedagogy day 35

I woke up today feeling like I was going to get sick. I had a tickle in the back of my throat that I always get before I get sick. My body felt achy. I was in a daze all morning long. It sucked. I really hope that I don't get sick. I can't afford to be sick. I don't know what I'm going to do over the summer. My job ends so late that it's hard to find summer jobs cause most people are letting out of school already. Then the wedding is coming up and that is going to be expensive. Anyways... I started to feel better by 10:30 or so and then I had my meta class.

A lot of people were out of meta today. That made it nice. We watched "A piece of the action" with Bill Cosby and Sidney Poitier. The movie relates to the stuff that we've been doing in meta. It's funny cause the kids were totally agreeing with the part in the movie on common courtesy, but then towards the end of the movie students are asking what does it have to do with meta. Sigh. I talked to my coteacher Amanda and it looks like 3 kids are looking like they will pass the class. All the crap that we've been through with this class and only 3 are going to pass. Ridiculous. Most haven't done their homework. This class has been really frustrating to me. I really hope that I don't ever have to teach this class again. But I know that I won't have such luck. But then again, people were saying that this was one of the wilder classes in a long time. What a hazing for me this quarter.

No comments: