Monday, June 20, 2005

The Praxis of Pedagogy Day 43

We are on finals schedule today and only had two classes that were both 1 hour and 30 minutes long. In both my first and second period we finished up presentation and the students that fucked up royally with me I let go again and give another presentation. On these presentations I kept them up there for a while and really pressed them on information and subject matter knowledge. I enjoyed this. I really really did.

Then after that I had them get out two pieces of paper. On one paper I had them compose a letter to themselves for next year. I had them answer the following questions
  • How did you do this year?
  • How did you do in this class?
    • What did you do well?
    • What could you have done better?
  • What are your goals for next year?
  • What do you want for yourself in school?
Then on the second piece of paper I had them write to me about things that I could do to be a better teacher and improve my skills or lack thereof. The questions I asked them to answer were
  • What can I do to improve?
  • What would you like to see more of?
  • What did you like about the class?
  • What can I do to help make students more successful?
Just 2 more days with the students!!!

No comments: