Monday, October 31, 2005

Day 87: The Praxis of Pedagogy

So today was a makeup work day for the students. I printed up on easy grade pro the stuff that students were missing and I had a list that told what each assignment was. Then I let student get to work while I collected 1st draft presentations and wrote on contracts how they were doing. Nothing better than a kid that has a lot of missing work just fucking around during that time. But I guess that's what got them to that situation. Anyways, I'm really not looking forward to the grading. I have to grade all that shit that gets turned in. So I'm thinking that I'll put a deadline on all makeup work. The last week of school is the 14th so I think I'll give Thursday as the last day to turn in all missing work. Then I'll have ample time to grade without going completely insane. I'm blown away that there are only 3 weeks left in the quarter.

In not so good news, I just got off the phone with my buddy jeremy and he's thinking about quitting. He doesn't think that he has the temperment for the job and he can't put up with the disrespect. He's having a real hard time. This is completely different from anything he's ever done. He works too damn hard and internalizes things way too much. I kept telling him to slow down and that he's burning too bright and too fast.

No comments: