Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Day 70: The Praxis of Pedagogy

Film Analysis. Princess Mononoke. Great flick. The main characters aren't shallow. They have ambiguous morality. The movie ended just before the bell rang. Couldn't be more perfect.

Capoeira class was fun. Nothing like a kick coming at you to make you move. I was having kids play with each other and really try to hit each other. Surprisingly, they are picking up really quickly.

After staff meeting, Jeremy and I set up computers and printers so that teachers could have printers. We are the official IT department. Me and him for our small ass school. I gotta get that on a card or something. Co-head of the IT department or something. What I think is great is that I don't know shit about computers. I just help make things happen. Jeremy and I drink beers and think of different things we could do for computers in the school. Considering the shitty ass state the computers were in before, what we got now is a huge improvement. And given more time it will only get better. I sent out for Easy Grade Pro and we'll have that on Friday. Then we can install that in computers for the teachers. I'm so excited cause I won't have to handwrite progress reports out anymore. Taking attendance will be in the 21st century. We have to image the new computers to district specifications, but district comes with microsoft word and internet explorer. We want OpenOffice and Mozilla Firefox. Get the corporate whores out of my school as much as possible. I know that Word and Explorer are industry standards but if you can use openoffice and firefox then you can use the others. Plus anyplace a kid went to work, I'm sure they could download openoffice and firefox and use that for shit.

No comments: