Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Day 80: The Praxis of Pedagogy

We finished up "The Corporation" today. We discussed it for a bit and then I assigned homework. Of the movies we've seen so far, which has been their favorite, what were the dominant themes and why did they like it. First homework I've given out so we'll see how many do it. I told them that they better do it cause it was a huge part of their grade. Then I gave them a reading on the hero's journey and used the example of the Matrix as the hero's journey. As much as possible, I tried to relate it to their own lives. Then we watched the beginning of the Matrix and I told them that I would show them little stuff in the movie. Neo meaning new but also an anagram for one. Mr. Andersen. Anderson. Andro son. Son of Man. Vaginal birth scene when Neo swallows the pill. All kinds of stuff in the movie.

In Capoeira there were only 5 students cause most students were taking this CELDT test. I really focused on those 5 students. Made them kick for a while.

No comments: