Wednesday, September 14, 2005

The Praxis of Pedagogy Day 55

Today was film analysis and capoeira. Most kids liked the Godfather. I fast forwarded to different scenes and we talked about the scenes. Then I geeked out for a long time about Bruce Lee and the different martial arts stuff in the movie and we started watching Enter the Dragon. So sweet. I love that movie. Martial Arts movie classic. The uncut version is so key. It has more of Bruce's philosophy in it.

Capoeira was cold. But we got moving around and it was better. I got 3 students that have done capoeira before and are the best in the class. In the roda at the end, I told various students to go in against the 3 and kick them while they practiced escaping. Fun stuff. I have to get back into better shape cause I'm getting gassed too fast.

No comments: