Saturday, April 16, 2005

Still Sick

So it's Saturday and I'm still sick!!! Motherfucker!!! My entire spring break week is pretty much over and I've spent it doing nothing but being sick. The only positive is that I've worked on this blog a whole bunch and added a bunch of links that I like and stuff like that. I've been personalizing this blog and am starting to feel that it is a better reflection of my own personality. All the links are 100% approved by Dave. I've put in all the political news sites that I like to visit. They are of course unabashedly liberal by in large. The entertainment links have a bunch of stuff to do in the bay area and links to my two favorite cartoons, The Boondocks and Get Fuzzy. The reference links are links that I like to use often, especially wikipedia and merriam-webster online. And of course I've added links to my friend Kira and Bobbin.

I've decided that I'm going to have the kids at school start up a blog. It's going to be an assignment for all my classes. This way I'll integrate computers into classroom curriculum and hopefully get kids more into writing or fiddling around on the computer. Unfortunately, the school is pretty low tech (a bunch of the computers don't work and they aren't hooked up to the printers) and the computer lab is a dingy lil dungeon. But I believe that all kids need more familiarity with computers. I mean computers are only going to get more and more integrated into everyday life and people can't be running around afraid of computers. My generation grew up around computers. I had an Apple IIc and Atari and shit. Kids nowadays got computers everywhere. I mean shit the amount of memory in a palm pilot nowadays used to take up the space of a desktop computer when I was a kid. I remember my dad getting the first macintosh. 512K!!! That ain't shit nowadays. Now I'm not some computer expert or genius at all, but if I can get one kid hooked on computers and down to show off their blog and all the little computer personalizations they've done, then I'm happy. Of course I gotta have a bit higher standards than that and get more than one kid into it, but you get my idea... ok 2 kids which is 100% better. My goal is that the kids have fun with the blog while learning something about computers and improving their writing skills. You only get better at writing by practice.

No comments: