Sunday, August 28, 2005

School starts...

School starts tomorrow. I'm not ready. I still want it to be summer. I still want to have a vacation. Where did the summer go?

This trimester I'm gonna be teaching World Cultures I and II and Asian American studies. For the Wednesday classes I'm going to be teaching film analysis and Capoeira. I want to teach the film analysis class but I'm not so excited about the Capoeira class. I haven't done capoeira in a long time and I haven't wanted to do it. But I had to teach 2 things so that was a second thing that I could do that I didn't have to worry about knowing. I'm excited for this year because I'm going to have a CTM and I'm starting the year off in the beginning. It was really hard and crazy to come in at the end of the school year last year and start teaching immediately. Last week we were in school getting prepared for the new year and meeting with parents and doing major paperwork for incoming students. The system at the school is archaic to say the least. But right now the internet isn't working so we have no schoolwide network. So the computer situation at the school is nonexistent. But we'll get that fixed asap.

We got 3 new teachers this year and that will be interesting. Things could get pretty chaotic. My buddy Jeremy has no idea what he's gotten himself into. Hehe. Ah sweet schadenfreude. I'm still doing last second scrambling for stuff.

No comments: