Friday, August 12, 2005

I put that chart in from the Bureau of Labor statistics to show that the average workers wage have been falling since the the early 70s. Big Business has been fucking over workers and most people don't even realize it.

Anyways...it's happening. Tomorrow Allison's friends come over and we'll have 4 people sleeping in our place. There will be a big dinner... things are happening. My Auntie Judy came to my house and put Chinese characters for double happiness everywhere. The lady is a female version of my dad. You know when she's in the room. I didn't talk to her for more than 15 years or so cause of serious personality differences. But now we're kinda talking. There is always some underlying hostility, but that's typical of most of her interactions. She really stressed Allison out though. I told my cousin that she had to put a check on her as much as possible. Shit I'll ask her to leave if I have to.

I feel like I'm moving into a new chapter in my life. Marriage is so fucking adult. I've got to start marking different boxes on forms. It's totally not about me anymore and I got to start thinking about us. We'll talk about having kids and stuff. It's all very surreal for me. I see the direction that my life is heading in... and I'm happy about it. I'm ready for this marriage and I'll be ready for the wedding. There are still some wedding odds and ends that need to be done. But for the most part the shit is done and gonna happen.

No comments: