Sunday, July 31, 2005

My precious....

I got my wedding band. It's a titanium wedding ring with a band of gold in it. Titanium isn't some precious metal but I like it. I like it cause it's as strong as steel yet lighter. It also resists tarnishing and can withstand acid attacks. I like to think of it as a metaphor for our marriage. Our marriage will be superstrong like titanium yet light on me. I won't be burdened by the weight of the marriage. We will not tarnish our vows and will withstand the acid inflicted by life. My one worry is that natural titanium becomes very radioactive if bombarded by deuterons. I haven't come up with a marriage metaphor to match that one so I'm not that concerned.

My Kilohana glasses are also made from titanium. I think I'm going to have to get all titaniumed out. If I'm going to have metal shit around me or on my person, I want as much of it to be titanium as possible. The shit is great. Light and strong. My friend Jeremy was saying though that there are some bad environmental problems though associated with titanium mining. I've been looking it up on the internet using various google searches but haven't really found anything. If anyone should find information or could point me in that direction please leave a link. I mean is it any worse than mining for any other metals? If it is, then I will have to dramatically limit my consumption of it. But it's not like I got a lot of it as it is.

My friends Jeremy and Brian are going to fix up Allison's bike and my bike as our wedding present. We haven't been riding our bikes and they are totally fucked up with shit rusting and not working. They are bike gurus and they are going to get us set up. Allison is training for a triathalon (crazy girl) and we want to ride our bikes more. Plus I would like to get more exercise and wean myself off of the car culture. I need to drive less and take more public transportation. But where we live it's totally bike friendly. There are bike lanes and the place is flat as hell.

No comments: