Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I got back from Jersey tonight. What a gluttonous vacation. I just ate and ate and ate. We got in early morning on Saturday and immediately went to sleep. Then we got up and got ready for the party. I met Allison's uncle Bernard and wife Doris. He was a professor of plant science and he took down my information for a family tree that he has been working on. It's official. I'm in the family tree now. I will be a mark in time for some future generation to wonder about. What was that person all about or what was their lives like. Or perhaps not even a thought.

The weather was weird. There were some thunderstorms that went on and off. It was funny cause a whole bunch of people arrived right when it was raining the hardest. It wasn't raining and then it rained for a good 10 minutes and people were trying to come in when it was raining super hard. Funny timing. But things cleared up and people hung out and ate a lot of food. The menu really did happen. It really went down like that. Allison's dad was half-joking that he had a pound of meat for every person. I was really happy cause my cousin Margaret was able to make it to the party. It's always good to see her. She's my cool little cousin. Always good to know there is someone out there that doesn't think the crazy is normal.

I saw my first firefly in Jersey. I've never seen a firefly before and I had fun watching my little niece-in-law-to-be chasing and catching them. There is something magical to them. My niece though is a cute little girl and so is.

I'm getting married.

I've met the extended family and am in the family tree now. It's a trip. People seem to be really excited about the wedding. It's shaping up to be a fun event. With all the people expecting to have a good time that will help make it a good time. People are coming to have a party. Then Allison and I will go stay in a yurt in Big Sur for our honeymoon. This is the nicest yurt in the world and I think it's hilarious that we're staying in one.

No comments: