Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Praxis of Pedagogy

I'm tired of keeping days. It's been a fucking long time. When this quarter ends it will be a year. So fuck the time.

Today was just one of those fucked up long stupid days. I had credentialling classes at 4:00 PM. I didn't get to bed till 2:30 the night before cause i was up writing a detailed week of lesson plans for my 4 o clock class. Then when I got up I couldn't do it so I didn't take a shower. That made me feel stinky and grimy the whole day long. So i'm dogging it the whole day. i mean i was having trouble. At least, teaching wasn't that crazy cause we did a journal write and watched Hotel Rwanda in 1st period. 2nd period we had a guest speaker talk and show a video about the US government desecrating more native american land. Students that participate will get extra credit. 3rd period a test and I started to show the movie "Elizabeth" with Cate Blanchett. 4th period I was saved by a fellow credentialling teacher that is getting her feet wet at my school. Then from work I ran to my credentialling class to be told that my classes are every week instead of every 2 weeks. This is a 9 unit class. 9 units! 1 week of detailed lesson plans every week. She pretty much said she wants to see a verbatim script. That's going to be a lot of work on top of another class tomorrow 4-7 and 6 Saturday classes from 8:30-5. Fucking ridiculous. Then I get home and the toilet overflows on me. I got to bleach clean the bathroom floor and
toilet bowl. I was cussing up a fucking storm. Royally pissed off. I'm still a bit wound up from the day.

You know how when you get home from a hard day you have to decompress. Well when you come back and shitty things happen the decompression cycle is delayed. Now I can semi-laugh about it. Though I still got some residual bile in my throat. This too shall pass.


No comments: