Monday, March 05, 2007

It's been a long time

So I haven't posted in a long while. It's not that I'm some amazing teacher now and I don't need the reflection. Far from it... I don't know. You just get away from the things that you love sometimes. Take for instance today, AL and I went down to take Samba classes to dance in the Carnaval parade. We're taking it from my old Capoeira teacher. The man has been a mentor and friend to me for a long time. But life just got busy and I haven't seen him and his family in a long time. Then I went down to hang out and dance and it was great. His two daughters are like my little sisters and it was great to see them. It just felt like I was coming back home.

So I'm going to try and get back to blogging and dancing and doing the things that I like.

So Kenneth Eng...

What a weirdo. First off, I'm wary of supremacists of all varieties. What was AsiaWeekly thinking? Irregardless, I would happy if there was a debate that sprung from this. If people started to talk about racial hostilities between black and asians and the history behind it, I would be happy. Sadly, I don't think that will happen. America doesn't know how to even begin to have a dialogue. This country is about talking heads and talking points. No one is trying to hear the other side. It totally bums me out when the country decides to focus on the ridiculous hate filled rants of some supremacist idiot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,you seem interesting.How is Cali?I was reading your profile.We have alot in common.I am just looking for friends so if your interested.You can reach me on myspace.com/stephenie007