Monday, March 05, 2007

End of the second quarter

This Friday is the last day of the second quarter. I'm proud to say that my entire advisory group's cumulative GPA either stayed the same or went up. However, I know that isn't going to be the case this quarter sadly. I don't know what it is but I've noticed that students really lag this quarter. I don't know what it is. Their grades drop. Maybe it's the weather I don't know. Perhaps in the first quarter students do better because they are excited for school and eager to do well. Then in the second quarter they lose momentum. Finally in the spring quarter they want to do well because they saw that not doing well in the winter quarter really fucked them up.

So, I finally got my teaching credential! YEA for me! They send in the mail a green piece of paper that had totally been printed out on the computer. $30,000 and I get a computer printout. But that's how it goes. It's just another hoop that they make teachers jump through and make it harder and less desirable for people to enter the profession.

I need to lose 10 pounds. I'm right now the fattest I've ever been. It's fuckin hilarious. One time I was sitting around and coughed. Then my pants button went flying off and I heard it bounce off of something. It's bad. So to get into shape AL and I are taking dance classes. We're going to dance in the Carnaval parade with my old Capoeira and Samba school. We're also taking Cuban Salsa classes. I went out dancing with my friend for his wife's birthday. But when we got to a club all I could do was watch. I was pissed. I hate standing around watching. I decided then and there that we had to take group and private classes. Now that I'm older I gotta learn to partner dance. Enough of this dancing by myself shit.

No comments: