Monday, April 21, 2008

Ain't been this sick since I can remember

On the 11th, I was at school and my coworker Joseph said that he hasn't been so sick in years. I thought nothing of it until the end of the day. At the end of the day, everyone was going out for drinks to celebrate a coworker's bday. I felt like shit. I went home and passed out. On Saturday and Sunday I was too fucked up to go anywhere. Like a fool, instead of taking more time off I went to school on Monday through Thursday. Then I realized on Friday that I couldn't do it. I took Friday off and spent that day and the weekend alternating between coughing and sleeping. I coughed so often and so hard that I lost my voice.

So there I was at school today unable to talk. Physically, I feel better. But I still got a hacking cough and I can't talk. At this compromised time I also got an eczema breakout too. On my face no less. When it rains it pours. Being a teacher without your voice is somewhat emasculating. It's hard to get people's attention when you can't talk that loudly. To get kids' attention I have to bang a stick on the table. It's pretty bad. Then speak in a barely audible whisper to say a few words about whatever topic we are discussing. Not the ideal situation for me at all. Since I knew we were doing seminars in class. I printed out signs with questions on it for the kids. In class I just held up the questions and had the students discuss things.

I am tired of being tired. I am sick of being sick. I'm meta tired and meta sick. Whatever viral infection I got is an assfucking kicker. I haven't been this sick in I don't remember when. Usually when I don't feel so well I get over it in a day or so. This is kicking my ass.

1 comment:

Kira said...

you feel better - there is a super bug going around. TAKE THE TIME TO STOP and enjoy the sickness...its your bodys way of telling you that something isn't right.

don't just push through. you're too old now to do that. ;-)