Monday, October 15, 2007

Raiders at San Diego

At the end of the day, the Raiders still need a lot of work. Running the ball on Miami was great but only because Miami was weak against the run. The zone blocking scheme gives the guys something to work with. And having a scheme and being bad at it is better than having no scheme and being bad. You can improve in a scheme. The problem is who is better at defending against the zone blocking scheme than those in the AFC west. Division rivals see each other the most. They have to know their most immediate enemy the most. But this didn't explain why Kiffin didn't try to establish the run. I understand that the Raiders got behind early, but you can't make your team one dimensional.

And Daunte... rough. My friend that grew up in Minnesota and a Viking fan tipped me to the fumbly-bumbly hands of Daunte Culpepper. He is at best a transitional quarterback that can win enough games to be respectable until JaMarcus can be phased in. I can understand Kiffin wanted to get Daunte going early... but you have to give the man some breathing room. He was only like 5/12 or something in the game against Miami. Run the ball.


LaDanian Tomlinson is the best running back in the NFL in my opinion. I just wish that he wasn't in the AFC west so that I could like him more. The man is amazing. I am glad that he has Norv Turner as a coach instead of Marty Schottenheimer. I think Norv is a great offensive coordinator but I don't think he's a good coach. I don't think he's a good leader of men. Schottenheimer couldn't win the big one, but he won almost all the little ones.


No comments: