Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The worst times of the quarter

For me, the worst times of the quarter are the beginning and the end. At the end, we have to collect and grade last second work from the students, give grades and detailed comments, meet with parents, deal with my students that didn't get full credit or are slippin, and plan for the next quarter. My students also tend to melt down because they are trying to make up for all the work that they hadn't been doing during the quarter.

When the new quarter starts we have to create and schedule students for Wednesday elective classes, meet with my new homeroom students and their parents, schedule new homeroom students, create lesson plans and execute them, deal with kids goofing off because it's the start of the new quarter and they think they can, deal with la vidas loca of my students, and update homeroom student grades and credits in their files. So little of my job seems to be actually in the classroom teaching.


No comments: